Handmade Roman blinds in London
If you’re looking for a solution for your blinds that will serve its purpose well and add to the looks of your home, while still being a bit different from the standard fare, we have the perfect blinds for you. We offer some of the best Roman blinds in London and probably the UK, tailor-made to suit your needs, available in a great number of colours and fabrics.
Our blinds have been made with incredible care and attention to detail, offering you a level of quality that few other blind manufacturers can offer. We only use the finest materials that are durable, pleasant to the touch, and aesthetically pleasing. Check out our London blinds and find out why we are one of the best handmade Roman blinds London manufacturers in the UK.
Gallery of blackout Roman Blinds
At View Designs we offer one of the best selections of ready-made Roman blinds London, in the UK. However, we are aware that not every home has windows that have the exact dimensions we have on offer. Moreover, we do our best to be flexible in the designs we have for you. In order to give you the best possible product, we provide reliable made-to-measure solutions.
You can choose from a variety of fabrics for all of your Roman blinds. Whether it’s the colour or the texture that you need to be a specific type, you can count on us to give it for you, ensuring top-quality material. If you’re looking for the perfect blinds for a bedroom, we also offer blackout Roman blinds as part of our made-to-measure offer.
How do they work?
Roman blinds operate differently than regular blinds, which you can probably tell on first glance. Instead of rolling up, they fold up. However, they don’t do it in the same way pleated blinds do (i.e. with the fabric folding up in an accordion pattern). Instead, the fabric is neatly folded into rectangular shapes that hang from the top of the window. This is achieved through the following:
- the blinds are operated with a mechanism based on chains or strings. Once pulled, the strings, attached to the fabric, fold it neatly upwards to get the blinds out of the way,
- this chain or string is located on the side of the blind and can be easily operated by hand,
- the folds are neat due to the panels attached on the underside of the fabric, which is what the strings or chains pull,
- Roman blinds can be fixed or face-fixed to the wall or the window frame, depending on your preference,
- most elements of the blinds can be freely customised, including the bottom panel.